The most common reasons for dental visits are gum disease, tooth extractions and preventative cleanings. Too often they are related to Plaque build-up. Many people think that Plaque build-up is a by-product of food and sugars left behind after brushing. We now know today it is in fact the by-product of the excretion from the Streptococcus bacteria that lives, breeds, and thrives in the tight areas of our mouth. The areas in between our teeth and along the gum line make for a safe haven for the Streptococcus Mutans bacteria to multiply. Left unaddressed it can result in gum recession, bone loss and eventually tooth loss.
You will never win your battle with Plaque
The method of dealing with Plaque build-up has been with abrasive toothpastes. This is a battle you will never win. The Streptococcus Mutans bacteria wins every time, creating more plaque every day for your dental hygienist to scrap away. It is in between your cleanings the damage is done and the bone loss that can occur is irreversible.
Xylitol is the perfect solution
Fortunately there is a simple and safe solution to this dilemma, Xylitol. The Streptococcus Mutans bacteria LOVE Xylitol! They are more attracted to it than sugar and will absorb it until they are completely full. This creates a problem for this little creature. It can't metabolize Xylitol to use it as an energy source so it dies of starvation.
Your gum pockets are a bacterial frat house. For the Xylitol to be the most effective it must get to all of the hard to reach areas especially your gum pockets. A Xylitol Water Flossing System is the only solution that provides Xylitol rich toothpaste to all of your hard to reach areas. Within a few days the urge to scrub and over brush will disappear. You will notice a dramatic difference in how clean and smooth (plaque free) your mouth feels. Xylitol will help you reach your goal of perfect oral health.